Sunday 21 October 2012

Blake Lively

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update before I start my outfit post about Blake Lively.

As part of my course I have to carry out a fashion photoshoot around the theme of diversity in fashion. My group and I managed to finish ours successfully yesterday which ended up being a lot of fun! Thinking about it now, I realise how much thought actually goes into a fashion shoot - every small detail either in the pose or look can make a difference to each shot looking right. When we found the right shots though it was very satisfying to see! It will be interesting to see how we can edit them and turn them into an actual fashion spread. Thanks to our photographer, Daniel McAvoy (who is very talented btw, check out his work here), we managed to book out this snazzy studio to do our photoshoot in!
Calum Riddell studios in Aberdeen. Picture by Daniel McAvoy
Without giving too much away, we surrounded our outfits and poses around a military theme... but I guess you will have to wait a few weeks to see the finished photos :)

Now to continue on from my last post about an alternative to one of Taylor Swift's recent outfit, the celebrity I have chosen for this outfit post is Blake Lively. Blake Lively has become such a global style icon and success in the fashion industry as well as an actress – it’s like everything she wears appears so effortlessly stylish. She also carries herself very maturely for a woman of her age which I think makes her more admirable. Just like Taylor Swift, she has a very feminine style.
Source: InStyle.co.uk

The outfit she is wearing above is one she wears in a scene she shoots for Gossip Girl. It’s a very typical Upper East Side Manhattan sort of style - why can’t my wardrobe be like Sienna Van Der Woodsen’s or Blair Wardolf’s! She wears an equestrian-style cape coat over what seems to be a skirt or dress, a print scarf, patterned tights and heeled boots. I love the warm colour palette for winter – even though I know it’s all about a pop of bright colour for the AW’12 season. I’ve managed to find a slightly less expensive alternative to Blake’s outfit here :)
The colour palette is slightly different but I think it still works well for winter. Hope you like it! You can find the items here: 
Cape coat, Romwe
Skirt, Topshop
Tights, New Look
Shoes, River Island

MLx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments and want to thank you for them! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails